40 baby carrots, peeled & trimmed
20 baby turnips, peeled & trimmed
20 baby beets, peeled & trimmed
2 kg baby mesclun greens
5 small red onions, thinly sliced on the full across (on a mandolin)
200 g thinly sliced yellow squash. Use a peeler to slice and retain in cold water.
Red currants, blueberries, and raspberries, for garnish
Edible flowers, for garnish
Fresh chervil, parsley, and oregano leaves, for garnish
20 g clarified butter
Acacia Lime Dressing:
350 ml lime juice
200 ml acacia honey
350 ml olive oil
Pink peppercorns to taste
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, (al dente).
2. Remove from water, refresh and set aside.
3. Add turnips to pot, and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
4. Remove from water, refresh and set aside.
5. Add baby beets to pot, and cook 8 to 11 minutes, or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
6. Cut beets and turnips into quarters, and set aside.
To make Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1. Blend lime juice and honey in blender until smooth.
2. With the motor running, add oil in steady stream to form an emulsion. Season pink peppercorns.
3. For service: Using a small tart ring form a large circle of Acacia Sauce on each plate.
4. Heat the vegetables in the hot water and finish on a pan with the clarified butter.
5. Arrange carrots, quartered turnips, and quartered beets neatly and away from each other on the plates.
6. Arrange greens, red onion, and squash around vegetables on plates.
7. Garnish with berries, edible flowers, and herbs, and season with further pink peppercorns.