1 kg lamb's leaf lettuce
60 asparagus spears - trimmed
3 bunches spring onion - sliced
200 g radish thinly sliced
3 punnets cherry tomatoes (optional)
200 g red pepper - sliced
3 cloves garlic – minced
25 g coriander
3 kg stem broccoli
100 ml sesame oil
20 ml mild vinegar
20 g sesame seeds
Season to taste
1. Pre-steam the asparagus or three to four minutes. Cut into halves.
2. Remove and chill immediately in ice water
3. Pre-steam the broccoli for three minutes.
4. Remove and chill immediately in ice water
5. Toss all ingredients together with the vinegar & oil.
6. Serve immediately so as not to wilt the leaves.
7. Garnish with edible flowers.
This is good served with a base of Moroccan Cous Cous or Curried Rice Salad.