17 medium beetroots - trimmed and cut in 8
1.5 kg mixed baby salad greens
175 g chopped walnuts
200 ml maple syrup
500 ml orange juice
250 ml balsamic vinegar
500 ml extra-virgin olive oil
1 kg Ardsallagh goat’s cheese
1. Place beets into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender.
3. Drain and cool.
4. While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a pan over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup.
5. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
6. In a bowl or blender, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
7. Place the beets in the dressing to allow it to infuse a little. Separate before service.
8. Place a generous helping of the leaves in a bowl, add a little dressing and toss together. Place into bowls as required.
9. Divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the leaves.
10. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with quenelles of goat cheese.