200 ml vegetable oil
60 g chopped fresh coriander
75 ml vegetable oil
1 kg onion - diced
1 kg sliced peppers
15 tomatoes, seeded & diced
600 ml chicken bouillon
30 g minced fresh ginger root
40 g minced garlic
10 g garam masala
5 g ground turmeric
5 g ground fennel seed
75 ml ketchup
3.5 kg chicken fillet cut into cubes
Salt to taste
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Fry the chicken in the hot oil until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken to a plate lined with paper towels, reserving the oil in the pan.
4. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Fry the onions, bell peppers, ginger, and garlic in the hot oil until the onions are browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Season with the garam masala, turmeric, and fennel; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Stir the tomatoes, ketchup, and salt into the mixture; continue cooking until the tomatoes are tender and the oil separates from the sauce.
7. Pour the water into the pan and stir. Return the chicken to the pan; raise heat to high and cook until the sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander to serve.