300 g Spanish onion – chopped roughly
100 g fennel– chopped roughly
150 g leeks – chopped roughly
100 g celery – chopped roughly
50 g dill
Oil to saute the vegetables
200 ml white wine
1 kg white fish bones - minimum
3 ltrs of water
Seasoning to taste
1. Season and fry the onion, fennel, leeks, carrots and celery gently.
2. Add rest of ingredients to a large pot and bring to a simmer.
3. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes strain well.
5. Remove to a container and cool.
6. Use as a base for all fish sauces if desired.