1kg castor sugar
330 Tate & Lyle Syrup
1.25kg plain flour
75g pickled ginger
20g ground cinnamon
50g baking soda
Extra sugar for rolling
1. Cream together butter and sugar, add egg and beat until fluffy.
2. Stir in syrup and mix well.
3. Sift all dry ingredients-twice, then add ginger and mix well to syrup mixture.
4. Using a cookie scoop or spoon scoop out spoonfuls of dough and form into round balls. Roll tops of balls in sugar.
5. Place the round balls on a greaseproof lined baking sheet, these cookies flatten as they bake.
6. Bake for exactly 9 minutes in a preheated 175 degree C oven.
7. Remove from baking sheet and cool.